Seriously, have you ever given this a try?
[Before we start: you can get the source code of this on github. Of course, you are free to modify the add-on to suite your demands. And if possible, you are welcome to share your modification with us ]
As described in this post, the add-on was rejected by Mozilla. I was going to modify it, but I am afraid that I do not have enough time. And on the other side, I want to publish this add-on to let you update your words asap since things will become more difficult if you have tons of words waiting to be edited. So…
Firstly, install the add-on
- Download the add-on by clicking this link.
- Install the add-on by dragging it to any Firefox window
- After restarting, you can find the wordget mean on the menu bar.
- This presents a blank wordget phonetic editing window.
Secondly, prepare the wordget data.
Thirdly, edit phonetics
- Get all the libraries by clicking “show libraries” button on the top left
- Get all the words of a specific library by click the library name
- Fill the textbox of each word with correct phonetic string.
- After complete the editing, do not forget to click “update all” to store the data
- You can also click “show null-phonetic words” to get all words without phonetic info
- Also, do not do not forget to click “update all” to store the data
Lastly, finish the work,
- Copy the data file back to the Dropbox folder, yes you have to replace the old one.
- Sync words on your Android.
Please let me know if you have any further questions, thank you!
That is easy to enable the speech function in Wordget.
- Download “Longman 2005 Voice Package – American English” or ”Longman 2005 Voice Package – British English” from Lingoes Speech Download page
- Unzip the archive
- Put all the audio resources into your SD card. The correct path is SD Card/wordget/speech
- Enjoy the speech!
A Tip: How to transfer the audio files to your Android.
If the speed is extremely slow when copying the files from your PC to Android, try to use FTP through the WiFi network. I am using Galaxy Nexus and I found the FTP method is much faster than the normal copying way.
So, for people who want to edit phonetic for your vocabulary, please wait for another week… I don’t have much time on it, especially in a period when the spring festival is coming.
sorry for that, buddy.
Just now I have finished all the initial coding work for the beta version Word Favour. Let’s expect to see it on the market next week